Monday 1 February 2016

3 Highlighters I've Been Trying | £5 and Under


Hi lovelies!

Today I'm going to be sharing with you 3 drugstore highlighters that I've been trying recently (all £5 or under) and give you my opinions on each one! I've been looking for a good quality highlighter that isn't going to break my bank so I decided to try a few to see what worked for me. I feel like drugstore make up is really improving lately, which is great because not everyone can afford to splurge on high end products 24/7 (like myself and my part time cinema wage!) 

Make Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter (Golden Lights) - £3



I was a bit skeptical about trying Make Up Revolution products at first because I didn't think they'd be very good. However, I love their eye shadow pallettes so I decided to try something different. This highlighter has actually been my go to highlighter for quite some time. It's a gorgeous golden shade and it lasts on my face all day. It definitely gives your skin a golden glow, but after using it for a while I started to see that it became very drying on my skin. I'm not sure whether that's to do with my skin type (normal/dry) or whether it's just the product, but it would look great when I first applied it and then after a while it would look slightly dry. With that being said, my mom uses this highlighter and really likes it, she has quite oily skin. For £3 you can't really complain.

Rating: 3.5/5



Collection Speedy Highlighter (Pearl Sheen) - £3.99


This highlighter came in a stick form which I thought would be really useful when it came to applying, however I actually found it a lot harder! I much prefer using a brush or even my fingers. The colour gives you quite a subtle, natural glow, but it took me quite a few layers to be able to see the slightest bit of highlight. I also found it really hard to blend with my bronzer and unfortunately it just isn't long lasting! I could see it fading after just half an hour, and with that being said I'm not a big fan. The Make Up Revolution highlighter is cheaper and much better than this one!

Rating: 1/5



Freedom Professional London Pro Highlight Pallette - £5

 



I am absolutely in love with this pallette! I'd never really bothered with Freedom make up before, it was always one of those brands that I'd walk straight past when I was make up shopping. I spotted this pallette whilst in Superdrug and I couldn't resist. The pallette contains 6 cream highlighters and 2 powder ones and as you can see, there are a wide variety of gorgeous shades to suit pretty much anyone! For £5, they are amazing quality and super easy to blend. They seem to be lasting most of the day on my face too which is great! I prefer cream highlighters to powder ones because I feel like they give you more of a glow, but that's just my personal preference. The only thing I'd say is they are abit glittery which I don't mind but I know some people do. This is my favourite out of the 3. The shades don't have names but I've swatched them below.

Rating: 4/5

2 powder highlighters (middle 2)

3 of the cream shades

The other 3 cream shades

Rankings (from best to worst):

1: Freedom Pro Highlight Pallette
2: Make Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter
3: Collection Speedy Highlighter

What good drugstore highlighters have you tried? I'm thinking of doing more posts like this, I love trying new products and not breaking the bank whilst I'm doing it!

Lots of love,





 

14 comments:

  1. I have the MR highlighter and its gorgeous! I need to try the other ones they have, the Freedom palette looks gorgeous!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, the Pro Highlight Pallette sounds like it's worth a try.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baked highlighter looks incredible! I've been using a few highlighters from Sleek recently and they're pretty great.

    Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing quality for £3! And I really want to try the sleek highlighters xx

      Delete
  4. I cannot stand stick highlighters!! I can never get them right and I usually end up messing all of my make up haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't like it! That palette looks so amazing! Something for everyone!:)

    http://shannonsage.blogspot.com/2016/01/january-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're such a pain! And yeah it's really nice xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! These colours are amazing! They're so pigmented and I wouldn't even know which ones to choose! Haha

    Angie xx
    Silk and Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, never seen that freedom highlighter before! I need it! I am obsessed with highlighters and need this now in my life! Great post :)

    Annabel ♥
    http://annabelreid13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me neither until it caught my eye in superdrug! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  7. The Freedom palette looks so good! Deffo gonna have to go and try it next time I'm shopping! Loved this post seen as I'm obsessed with highlighitng at the moment! xx

    ewilkinsonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me! There's so many highlighters I have my eyes on haha xx

      Delete