Tuesday 2 February 2016

High Street Loves | Topshop, New Look & River Island



Hi everyone!

So yesterday I took a walk round town and tortured myself knowing I couldn't by anything! I decided it might be a nice idea to take a picture of all the things I loved and share them with all of you in this post. I went to Topshop, New Look and River Island and found a few bits and bobs that I really liked.

Topshop


Topshop is usually hit and miss for me. Sometimes I'll want everything and other times I won't find anything at all! Yesterday I found 4 things that I really liked.



Dip Dye Rib Jumper - I'm absolutely loving jumpers at the moment! They're perfect for these first few cold months of the year. I really like the dip dye effect and think it would be great in my wardrobe for everyday wear. I would style this with black ripped jeans and black boots for a casual, dressed down but kind of up style. This is £39.


NYPD Hoodie By Tee and Cake - Grey hoodies are my favourite for lazy day looks. I don't know what it is about this one but I really liked it! I think it would look great with either black jeans or leggings and a pair of trainers to create a laid back look. This is £35.


A-Line Denim Skirt - I thought this denim skirt was really pretty. These kind of skirts are the perfect addition to your Spring wardrobe. I would personally wear this with a cute white bodysuit or long top that can be tucked in and a little pair of boots, maybe add tights if it was a bit on the colder side. This particular skirt is £29.


Lace-Up Fur Boots - These are so cute! And again, perfect for the Spring. These would look great with the denim skirt I just mentioned above! You could wear these with pretty much anything, whether it be jeans, leggings, a skirt or a dress. I think these were around £40, but I can't seem to find them on the website.

 New Look


I really like New Look most of the time because they have some really nice pieces and isn't as expensive as Topshop or River Island! There are 4 things I took pictures of but looking at the picture above now, I really like the black and white striped jumper, the grey ribbed cut out top and the khaki shirt dress.


Dark Yellow Dip Hem Jumper - I love this colour! I feel like my wardrobe is too plain at the minute and I could do with something to brighten it up a bit. I would wear this with a light blue pair of jeans and brown boots to create a comfy and casual outfit. This jumper is £19.99, which is a lot cheaper than the jumper I found in Topshop!


White Stripe Shirt - I'm a big fan of shirts, I love to wear them when I'm going out somewhere that's not too dressy. This would look perfect with a pair of dark blue ripped jeans and black boots (I think I've suggested boots with every item.. I just love them they go with anything!) This one is £19.99, again not breaking the bank too much.


Khaki Tote Bag - Tote bags are my favourite type of bag. Why? Because they look good with everything and have plenty of room inside! I can't have small bags because I always have too much stuff. Khaki is one of my favourite shades and this bag is only £27.99, which compared to other high street stores isn't that much. This would look great with an all black outfit (with black boots of course)


Run The World Bottle - Okay not really fashion related but how cute are these bottles?! I'm not quite sure why I didn't purchase one for the gym because they're only £6.99.. Definitely going to pick one up soon!

River Island


Last but definitely not least is River Island! This is the shop I found the most in because it's my favourite. I always love pretty much everything in here (especially the bags), unfortunately my bank account doesn't! When it comes to all the lovely jackets and coats which are priced between £60 and £100 I cry a little inside.


Tan Faux Suede Kimono Jacket - How gorgeous is this though?! I am loving suede at the minute and the tan colour is gorgeous! I would style this with a white v neck top, black jeans and strappy heels for the perfect night out look. This is £55.


Pink Trench Coat and White Shirt - This is actually two seperate items but they were together on the hanger and they go perfect together. I am in love with this pink shade. I've always felt like I can't wear trench coats because I'm so small haha but this one would be an exception (if my bank account could take it right now!) I would wear the coat and shirt together with black jeans and strappy heels for a gorgeous, classy look. The coat is £80 and the shirt is £25.



Faux Suede Wrap Over Skirts - I've included these two together because they are pretty much the same except one is a bit longer. I love both of these colours - rust and camel. I don't wear skirts as much as I should! These could be styled with a black long sleeved top and black high knee boots so that the skirt colour makes a bold statement. These are £30.


Cream Faux Suede Winter Coat - This coat is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure you can see why it's in my high street faves! I love the neutral colour and the fur detail. This coat would go well with pretty much anything and is £100 (yes I'm crying on the inside)


Cream Fur Gillet and Rust Lace Up Front Top - I love this combo! Again, it's 2 seperate items but they look so good together. I love the detail on the gillet and the rust colour of the top. This would look great with a pair of jeans, perfect for when the weathers cold but not that cold. The gillet is £60 and the top is £25.


Suede Slouchy Handbag - I literally love every bag in River Island, but I thought it would take way too long to show you all of them so I decided to stick to one. I love the effect the two different shades/materials have. It's such a simple bag that would make any outfit look amazing. It's £32 which isn't too bad!

And we've finally come to an end.. I got a bit carried away with River Island! Which of these is your favourite? Let me know what high street trends you're loving at the moment.

Lots of love,



11 comments:

  1. So many great finds here! I love the faux fur gilet and the pink trench coat the most!

    Adrienne
    www.adriennenaval.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think they're my favourites too! xx

      Delete
  2. Argh the cream faux suede coat is SO beautiful! I really want to invest in a nice coat but I have zero money for one! Hmm I should probably start saving!

    Lucy xx
    www.lucyfbarnes.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Was so upset when I saw the price I'm on such a budget at the minute xx

      Delete
  3. Hey, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award because I love your blog! :)
    Find my questions here:
    https://allthegoodthingsxo.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/a-liebster-award-nomination/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm just about to sleep but I shall do the post tomorrow xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! It breaks my heart every time I step into Topshop and can't buy anything haha!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I don't know why I put myself through it haha! Xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love River Island and New Look, there are so many things on my Wishlist.. :)
    Isabella xx http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Topshop the majority of the time, but they're so expensive that I can only buy some of their clothes every now and again! I have been loving New Look a lot lately as well. They are a lot cheaper, which is useful! Last week I found a poncho type grey jumper that also has a turtle neck and I'm kind of obsessed. I really love it and it wasn't expensive at all!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete