Tuesday 26 January 2016

Book Haul | Waterstone's and Paperchase



Hi lovelies!

I went to Waterstone's the other day (my favourite shop ever) and decided to share with you the books I chose to buy. I absolutely love reading and could spend hours in a book shop, unfortunately I don't have the money to buy every book I pick up whilst I'm there! I kind of slipped out of my reading habbit recently as I just didn't have the time, but I'm getting back into it now and there's nothing I love more than shutting away the rest of the world and getting stuck in a good book. So here we go...

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Nivven


"Theodore Finch wants to take his own life. Violet Markey is devastated by her sister's death. They meet on the ledge of the school bell tower, and so their story begins. It's only together they can be themselves... But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink. How far will Violet go to save the boy she has grown to love?"

I've actually started reading this book and I'm really into it at the minute.. I can't stop reading! I'm a sucker for a romance story (I just hope there's a happy ending!) The cover is really cute. I know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I do tend to pick up the prettiest ones first. It's been compared to The Fault in Our Stars which is one of my absolute favourites. I hope it's as good as I've read in the reviews! It was £7.99 from Waterstone's. 

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


"There are two sides to every story... Who are you? What have we done to each other? These are the questions Nick Dunne finds himself asking on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they weren't made by him. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone. So what did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?"

Okay so I feel like I'm abit late with this, but better late than never right!? I haven't actually watched the film yet either so I will probably do that once I've read it. I've heard mixed reviews about it but I do love mystery/thrillers so I'm looking forward to reading it and giving my own opinion too. It was £8.99 from Waterstone's. 

The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory


"1464. Cousin is at war with cousin, as the houses of York and Lancaster tear themselves apart... And Elizabeth Woodville, a young Lancastrian widow, armed only with her beauty and her steely determination, seduces and marries the charismatic warrior king, Edward IV of York. Crowned Queen of England, surrounded by conflict, betrayal and murder, Elizabeth rises to the demands of her position, fighting tenaciously for her family's survival. Most of all she must defend her two sons who become the central figures in a mystery that has been confounded historians for centuries: the missing Princes in the Tower."

This wouldn't normally be one of my first choices, but I've heard wonderful things about Philippa Gregory so I decided to pick up one of her books! I don't read much historical fiction but I'm hoping I get into it and possibly read another one of her novels! It was £7.99 from Waterstone's. 

2016 Journal


So this isn't exactly a book but I was looking for a pretty 2016 diary for soooooo long and I finally found one! I love the turquoise glittery colour.  I don't normally like page per day diaries because I feel like there's too much space but this one is only small and it's actually the perfect size (especially good if I need to write down assignments for college!). There's some address and note pages at the back which come in handy too. I love using diaries, they're a great way to keep organised and help you remember what you've got to do. The only thing I don't like is that there isn't a page marker. They have tear off corners to help you see what day you're on but I personally don't like these. I'll probably have to do abit of DIY and add my own ribbon in else I'm going to be flicking through the pages all the time trying to find out what day I'm on! This was £8 from Paperchase.

And that's it! I will be doing a review on each of these books once I've read them, starting with All the Bright Things. Have you read any of these books? Let me know what you thought!

Lots of love,



2 comments:

  1. You will definitely enjoy All The Bright Places! I have heard mixed reviews about Gone Girl but never read it myself so I would love to hear your opinion after you have read it x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it at the minute! And yeah me too, I'll be posting a review once I've read it xx

      Delete