Sunday 7 February 2016

Birchbox | February 2016


Hi lovelies!

So my February Birchbox came yesterday and I was super excited, I thought it would be nice to share what I got in mine! I'm also going to do this with the Glossybox when it comes. This months theme is "shine bright like a diamond" and the box is so pretty. I was a bit gutted that there wasn't a bit of a valentine's theme but it doesn't matter too much. Here's what I got inside..


Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Brush: This was the first thing I pulled out because it caught my eye the most! I've actually tried this brush and it's perfect for applying highlighter. It's super soft and I love the colours. The original price is £7.99 which is more I paid for the box itself (I got 50% off with unidays student discount)


LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problems: I actually knew I would get this in the box because we had to choose which shade we wanted. I chose champagne problems because the other shade was a bit too gold and brassy for me, I prefer more subtle colours. The shade is gorgeous! This is actually Birchbox's own brand and I have to say I am really impressed. It says we can expect "up to 11 hours of creaseless, waterproof colour in one handy stick" and they're not wrong. I wore this out last night and it didn't move! I also swatched a little on my arm and it was still there when I woke up and only came off when I went in the shower this morning. The original price is £8.


Doux Me Comforting Face Mask & Exfoliator: This little sample has the cutest polka dot packaging! It can be used as a face mask or scrub which I think is really nice. The smell is absolutely gorgeous, it's a mix of apricot and marshmallow which is what the scrub is made from as well as camomile and rice powder. I was a bit worried at first because I have dry, sensitive skin so face scrubs can sometimes be too harsh but this one is so gentle. It didn't leave my skin feeling sore afterwards like most scrubs do, but still got rid of dry, dead skin on my face. The original price for the full size product is £18 and I think I may have to invest in some once my little sample has ran out (yes I love it that much)


Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect: This is a leave in conditioner and is supposed to strengthen and repair tired strands and also de-tangle the hair. It smells amazing and does what it says on the box, but the original price for the full size product is £20 and I think you can get much cheaper ones that do exactly the same! I will keep using it to see if I think any different, but at the moment I don't think I'd pay £20 for this.


Cochine Water Hyacinth & Lime Blossom Hand & Body Lotion: I haven't actually tried this yet, the only reason being is that I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to trying new body creams as I suffer from eczema and don't want it to flare up! The smell is okay but it's not my personal favourite. I can't really give you a review but the original price is £19 and I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay that for any body lotion (unless it magically gave me perfect, flawless skin!)


L. Erickson Grab & Go Ponytail Holder: This bobble was a beauty bonus. To me, it's just the same as an ordinary bobble except it's probably a bit stronger. It does it's job and I will have to keep this one safe because it's £11.50 for a set of 15.

So that's what I got in my Birchbox this month. Did any of you get this months box? What did you think of it? My Glossybox is due to come next week so I will do a post like this on that too! Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone reading my blog, I've just reached 1300 views!

Lot's of love,




4 comments:

  1. This box looks amazing, I wish id got it when I had the chance

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! I love getting little samples each month it's a great way to try new things and not stick to the same stuff! Xx

      Delete
  2. oooo that brush though! So pretty!

    http://cutepandaa.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete